This has happened more than one time, and occasionally the platform can recover.
Device: Tacx Genius
- Start a ride - all sensors and resistance work properly
- Stop pedaling - RPM and watts go to 0, speed slowly decreases (I don’t normally stop mid ride, so this has been a hit or miss test)
- Speed still not at 0, start spinning again - watts show up as well as speed increase
- Occasionally cadence RPM stays 0 and resistance is wonky (on and off and doesn’t match incline)
- Other tines it works as normal without issue
- Wait for speed to go to 0 - I thought this might be a trigger, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference - same behavior as above. (The roll to 0 speed is unusually long when riding at 0% incline BTW .)
- Occasionally after a failure case, I stop pedaling, wait and try again and it recovers but there seems to be no pattern.
Tonight I was in a situation where I could not get it to recover at all, this has been the first time it was this bad. I reset trainer while in VirtuGO, exited and restarted training, exited and restarted VirtuGO, pulled ANT stick. Nothing, I went into BigRingVR and the trainer worked properly.
In all the years I’ve had this trainer - using Tacx Training 4, Bkool, BigRingVR and tested Zwift, I have never seen this behavior. (All on the same system that is running VirtuGo currently)
On an aside - what do the white and green markers for riders represent on the HUD? Most of the time I see white, but as I pass they did not register a time on the KOM or sprint - I assumed they were in training mode, but I find it odd that 99% of the time there is no one in free ride mode (no green triangles)?!