First ride, Win 10, X230 Thinkpad, tacx neo, garmin HR strap, installation smooth, all connected well with a little pootling, but I think that was more related to the neo being a bit odd having recently been paired to a completely different set up.
Didn’t connect to strava before the ride, so it appears to have been lost as something I can download (I recorded the ride on my fenix and didn’t want it anyway, but it would’ve been nice to have the ride exported/sent to strava)
Graphics was good, some slight tearing one time after I stopped and it jerked getting going despite still reporting a reasonable frame rate, I liked the birds flying by.
Found the speed on the neo matched so much better than another popular virtual racing programme who sets the neo rider up with the CdA of a bus, slowed perhaps more than I would’ve wanted for a 4% hill, but possibly not completely unrealistic, tricky to know for sure. The KOM countdown to start and distances were good, very motivational, however this was the first BUG:
Everytime after the first KOM, I got the time and name of the person who was the KOM of that first time, so the second KOM still said 42s A. Name, when it was only a 15s, and that same 42s A.Name continued throughout the rest of the ride. This was the only real bug I saw.
The cadence of the rider often didn’t seem to match my cadence, not sure if it was just delayed or if there were drop outs. There also were possibly some power drop outs as the average was different to that recorded by the garmin and the trace there looks reasonable, as I said the file wasn’t uploaded to strava so I can’t see if there were actual drop outs, or if the difference is from something else.
I had it guess my FTP, I said I was fit and 4 years cycling and it decided 3w/kg, that certainly is too low, I think I’m around that power essentially untrained, my cycling CTL is very low at the minute which is why I said only fit, but my FTP is probably more like 3.8w/kg (my best ever is around 4.6w/kg some years ago) Of course that doesn’t really matter, it’s just a ballpark number.
Another bug was in entering my Date of Birth, it showed 1/1/1974 but in my profile it’s showing as 27/2/1974, so presumably it took todays date when I didn’t change the d/m as I didn’t need to…
Overal though, I was pretty positively surprised with the current level of polish.