Ok, tried one of the basic endurance workouts from the training menu - here are some things I ran into:
- Paired a Tacx Vortex as the controllable trainer. Selected my Stages G2 as power source. Couldn’t select the Stages as cadence source, it would only show the Tacx.
- Seems to be a significant resistance offset (or lack of power match). Initially it was pretty good, but after a few minutes the trainer was +10% below target at typical cadence (80-90). If I dropped cadence way down, I could get the resistance to pick up closer to target but would bleed away as rpm increased. By the later intervals it was off by almost 15%.
- I have Strava connected in the settings (maybe that’s not fully implemented yet?), but I got a failed to upload workout error at the end.
- I imagine you’re aware of the various odd avatar glitches (one leg still peddling when stopped, same peddling leg starting up before the other leg is in, sometimes odd lean behavior at very low rpm).
- Got occasional data drop out, but that may be the ant+/units and not the software.
- I like the Trainer Road style text feedback, however it sometimes gets lost on the background (eg: hard to read).
- I like the workout progression chart, but it could be bigger (or try to show less data so it doesn’t look cluttered)
- It would nice to have a larger target power data field by the current power field, or have the arrow more clearly indicate if you’re over/under target. As it stands, it looks more like it’s related to FTP? I’m not sure. The small text on the chart for current power target is difficult to read (even on a 32" screen).
- I’m going to try and rig up a more powerful PC - my i5 laptop w/4000HD wasn’t rendering very much of the environment.
Thanks for all you hard work! Can’t wait to try it out on a machine that can handle ‘beautiful’ settings!